Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Don't divert my attention when India wins...

There is no better moment than to see India win a Hockey match and that too convincingly.

Yesterday, India beat Germany 2-0 with the custodian Baljeet Singh being honoured as the man of the match.

I cheered from my living room when I saw Indian guys running around after the match. One of most happy evenings for me, in the past few days!

Brilliant work, by the whole team and not to be forgotten, the coach, Harendra Singh. Somehow, I feel that Harendra Singh doesn't seem to seeing any bias between the players and just plays the one who is good.

However, I feel there is a something that our system needs to look at.

Disclaimer: I have got nothing personal to do with anyone and nor do I know the dynamics between the coach and the selectors.

My contention is simple:

Lashing back at others, does it help? You may yes, the selector has been made to shut up! The selector must be thinking how long does the victory spree last for?

So, you win, you give him one! .. and then he waits for another opportunity to give you back one. The media gets spice and it's all over the newspapers once again. Outsider fans like me, feel, "How does it ever change?"

According to me, the victory speaks volumes for itself. People who never believed in you anyway don't know where to take their faces now! So, telling them this explicitely, takes away few moments from the glorious attention that this special occasion of beating World Champions, Germany, demands.

If you ask me, the coach in the Press Conference could have talked about who have shown belief in him thereby making a positive gesture his supporters rather than bringing up people who hardly contributed anything to this victory.

Also, there is another side to it. Had someone not shown disbelief in you, you wouldn't have had the hunger and desperation to prove them wrong.

I feel and believe: The best way to treat your disbelievers is to committ to prove them wrong and then ignore them altogether. You move on and thereby, you push the whole generation to think forward and ignore what is irrelevant.

No comments: