Thursday, October 15, 2009

I love Indian Hockey Players but...

I am deeply saddened by something that has happened recently with regards to my Hockey life.

I heard from unreliable sources, that a lot of people are upset with regards to my not-for-profit efforts in the field of Hockey. Reason, is simple: They wonder and doubt what makes me come to Hockey.

If I say, I love Hockey and that's what makes me do work and spend for Hockey -> Is percieved as, I have some hidden agenda.

Who am I? I am just another simple looking face in the crowd. I am an ordinary man in Bangalore. By his (whomsoever created this World) grace, I have things that a person of my age can dream of having.

Apart from that, I just love Hockey. But it doesn't end here. I dream of a future where children of today grow up tomorrow and feel a pride in saying, 'I love Hockey.' I don't want my children to be like the way many of my friends are. Many people in my circle don't know about Hockey. I want to change this tomorrow. I want to see a better tomorrow.

Now, what do I get? The question is simple, but if one can understand, the answer is simple too. And the answer: A happiness of my face which not many people have today.

Now the criticism and apprehension come from none other than former players, whom I respect enormously. I have seen their videos and their games. They were the best and some still are, even today.

However, I saw the darker side of their characters. I realized how ordinary human beings they are that they feel ignored and threatened by my efforts in the field of Hockey. Remember, not more than 200 people know me all over the World.

These people are the ones whom the whole World knows and loves. The media writes about them. Hence, the city, the state and the country looks up to them. They are award winners.

They say when they, who are the official lovers of the game are not involved in such activities, then who am I?

I am saddened to say, we have very less role models in the Hockey fraternity.

With a very low state of mind, I have to say, I am a fan of all such players but only of their on-field activities.

However, one thing even this low state of mind knows -> Criticism makes a person more strong in what he wants.

I will pursue my vision of tomorrow, this time with added passion.

1 comment:

HOCKEY INDIA said...

This is definitely a problem of national ethos. In society if you appreciate dr. ambedkar people think i belong to certain caste, if i appreciate Mahatma gandhi then they think i belong to certain political party, so the things go this way in our society. there is lot of attitudinal problem. so truly everyone appropriates something which is normally or otherwise is a common property. as you have rightly said this has motivated to go with a passion and that is it.

k. Arumugam